MARKETING CONTENT DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Seven years experience blending marketing content development with a journalistic attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines. Experience includes partnership marketing, loyalty/reward marketing, point of sale collateral, research and analysis, email campaigns, and social media engagement. Key skills are writing and editing, concept development, client and customer relationship management, and professional versatility and adaptability.
Editorial Content Manager (contract April 2015 – January 2016)
AT&T – Uverse.com, Dallas, Texas
- Plans, coordinates, and executes daily uverse.com content updates, including movies, TV episodes, clips, and music videos.
- Analyzes industry activity to recognize trending content.
- Plans and creates season collections for viewer consumption.
- Provides graphic-design support and image formatting for featured content.
- Maintains image library
- Conducts site audits to report and fix image, metadata, functionality, and site logic errors.
- Liaison to content providers (ABC, CBS, HBO, etc.) to address requests and concerns for upcoming content promotions.
- Provides feedback and suggestions for site design and functionality improvement.
Associate Account Executive and Project Coordinator (June 2014 to October 2014)
Group360 Worldwide Marketing Agency – Plano, TX
Facilitate the creation and implementation of packaging and point of sale collateral for Dr. Pepper/Snapple Group – specifically Dr. Pepper, Mott’s, and Snapple brands
- Collaborates with clients to conceptualize packaging designs and layouts for seasonal promotions and partnership programs (NFL, Marvel, Universal, NCAA )
- Facilitated the creation of packaging for 12-pack cans, applesauce pouches, juice pouches, juice bottles, etc. as well as in-store promotional materials like static clings, pole signs, banners, etc. Roughly 50 projects in my time there.
- Plans budgets for marketing collateral
- Provides direction for content layout and development, copy editing, graphic layout, and revisions
- Manage projects through creative and production phases via Workflow to meet and beat strict deadlines
Loyalty Promotions Coordinator (Jan. 2013 – Mar 2014)
Hotels.com – Dallas, TX
Fulfillment, analysis, and research of Welcome Rewards – Hotels.com’s loyalty rewards program
- Project coordinator between rewards team and CRM teams across marketing promotions
- Collaborator between Product, Email, Creative, and Legal teams to ensure all aspects of promotions met Hotels.com’s high standards
- Supports global loyalty team with competitive landscape research, monthly reports of marketing campaign effectiveness, and other administrative duties.
- Documentation and tracking of effectiveness of promotions and identify patterns and trends (Omniture)
- Tests user experience paths and quality assurance for content and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Copy edits marketing materials for consistent brand image, content, syntax, grammar, and tone.
Quizmaster (Part Time) (Mar. 2014 – Present)
Geeks Who Drink Pub Quiz
Hosts weekly live pub quiz competitions increasing the bar’s food and beverage profits
- Entertain large crowds of people using my strong interpersonal skills and improvisational techniques to engage and hold the attention of an often unpredictable audience for two hours
- Encourage group participation, establishing a sense of camaraderie, and creating a loyal fan base
- Writes a weekly blog recapping the events of the quiz the night before
Account Services Associate and Sweepstakes Fulfillment Coordinator (Aug. 2012 to Dec. 2012)
The Marketing Arm Agency- Dallas, Texas
Coordinate promotional contest program material, sort through Facebook, Twitter, and text message contest submissions; responsible for program/contest details and keeping the Fortune 500 clients apprised of progress and participation
- Sorted and organized over 1 million contest submissions for Frito Lay’s “Do us a Flavor” social competition. Created and presentations for semi-finalists.
- Coordinated contest reward fulfillment for Gamestop
Marketing Coordinator / Assistant Manager (Aug. 2008 to Nov. 2011)
Plano Super Bowl – Plano, TX
Focused on all aspects of marketing – from developing the plan and creating content for collateral materials to generating ideas for promotions and interpreting analytics – while assisting management with customer service, bar operations and support staff
- Generated $200,000+ in annual revenue with targeted marketing materials and email campaigns that regularly engaged segmented demographic groups through birthday clubs, leagues, special events, and classes
- Wrote, edited, and managed online content and in-house marketing content (blogs, website content, fliers and graphics) to generate additional foot traffic and increase potential for new revenue opportunities.
- Raised social visibility by leveraging Facebook, Twitter, Google Places and social discount sites (including Groupon and LivingSocial) to build a sense of community for the facility. Monitored social media for negative content
- Successfully organized and promoted Guinness World Record Bowling event featured on ESPN (July 2010) and later confirmed by Guinness World Records. Acquired sponsors, documented progress, and facilitated logistics of the entire process. Kept live updates on Twitter and Facebook
Freelance Writer / Copy Editor/Blogger (2004 to present)
- Writing and editing for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – blog – gouldstandard.net
- Edits marketing content, press releases, college admission essays, term papers, and manuscripts
Texas Newswatch (student-run TV news show) 2007 to 2008
Anchor, Reporter, Producer, Photographer/Editor, Floor Manager, Camera Operator, Content Editor
The Daily Texan (UT Austin student newspaper) 2006 to 2008
Copy Editor, Proofreader, Story Development (articles, columns, sports news)
91.7 KVRX FM (student-run radio station) 2004 to 2008
Sports Director (2006-2008), Sports Reporter, On-Air Talent
Hosted and produced live, 2-hour weekly talk show (300+ on-air hours over 4 years)
Raytheon Summers – 2005, 2006
Education and Accomplishments
B.A., Journalism. University of Texas. Austin, Texas
Marketing Project Management Certificate Series. Collin College. Plano, Texas.
Eagle Scout – earned at age 16